Friday, August 22, 2014

Corpse Party: Yoshiki Bento Recipe!

Does it really look like Yoshiki? Idk. I did my best.

 Anyway, so I'll be making dinner for myself from now on cause night classes. I'll mostly be making onigiri for myself, but of course, I'll do game-themed bento designs every now and then. I went for Yoshiki first cause forming him seems easier than forming everyone else out of food.

Warning! I have a lazy cooking style so... I tend to just improvise recipes and modify them. Ahaha. You might notice that I added less or extra ingredients or switched some.

And now for the recipe....


~INGREDIENTS~



Rice

Japanese Rice (Grocery ran out of this so I had to use regular rice but using Jap rice will give you an easier time forming the shapes neatly)
Furikake (dry rice toppings)

Tamagoyaki

Note: I simplified the recipe for this cause I kinda lacked ingredients. lol

1 egg
1/4 tsp sugar
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp rice vinegar

Cheese Croquettes

You can go crazy with the croquettes and just add in extra ingredients like fish, chopped carrots, meat, or mushrooms.

Bread crumbs
Cheese
White Pepper
Potatoes
Flour or Corn starch
Egg

Extras

Tomato
Cucumber
Romanian lettuce
Nori

I'm not specific on quantity for some ingredients cause I'm lazy  it really depends on how much of it you want to make.


~INSTRUCTIONS~


Rice

Cook rice using a rice cooker or the more traditional way by boiling it.

Mix the furikake with the rice. Add as much furikake as you want.

Tamagoyaki

Break egg. Mix everything in a bowl. Get a frying pan and just fry it. Doesn't matter if it's not smooth or something, cause it's for Yoshiki's hair anyway.

Croquettes

Beat egg in bowl. (You can actually just use the uncooked tamagoyaki for this but be careful not to get potato bits into it)

Important note on potatoes: Peeled potatoes will start to oxidize (a.k.a. turn dark and taste bad) if you don't put them in a bowl of water right after peeling them.

Peel potatoes, cut them into cubes so they'll soften faster, then boil them till they're soft. Then place them in a bowl and mush them up with a fork. Get a grater and grate the cheese on top of the mashed potatoes. Sprinkle some pepper. Mix them, then form them into balls. Cover them up in flour or corn starch after. Then, dip them in the egg mixture. Lastly, coat them in bread crumbs.

And then... FRY!

~Forming Yoshiki~


I guess this is the tough part. Since the rice I used wasn't Japanese rice, I had a harder time forming it into the shape of a person. I found that using a slightly wet spoon to form it was effective.

For the hair, I used the tamagoyaki, which I shaped into hair using a knife.

Yoshiki's face is mostly made out of nori. The blush on his cheeks are small tomato bits. For the clothes, I cut up a thin piece of cucumber for his shirt and used nori again for his black uniform.

To fill in the extra space, I placed in a tomato and some lettuce (I just ripped off a small portion of the top part).

No comments: