Thursday, February 5, 2015

Papina's Otaku Life Update #9: World End Fates;Gate Extra

Okay, maybe merging those three titles into one wasn't such a good idea, but... *shrug*

I'm on game playing mode this week cause I have extra free time, so I am simultaneously playing three games right now. I'll probably make a review or walkthrough for some of them after I finish playing.



After leaving it sitting around in my computer for a while, I finally started on Steins;Gate. Special thanks to Yuki-senpai for giving me a copy as a gift! I'm still on Chapter 2, but I've already been absorbed into the story. I can't believe I got used to Rintaro's chuunibyou narrations. I swear. If this was a dating sim, he'd be the worst protagonist ever, but he'd be the most entertaining one. Speaking of dating sims, there's a spin-off romatic comedy PSP game for Steins;Gate. It's not English translated though, but I heard of a recent effort to produce an Eng patch. I'm gonna give that Eng patch a chance and wait before getting the game.

I heard Steins;Gate has some heart-crushing moments right around the end and some crazy plot twists (cause time travel makes stuff like that happen). Bring on the feels!


Another game I'm playing is World End Economica I. I've been wanting to play this game for a while now. Finally, I managed to obtain a copy. Yay! It's a doujin game by Spicy Tails about life on the moon. I like the whole concept of building a city on the moon.

Although this game isn't voiced, they make up for it with the art and story. There is an official Eng translated version available (yay!).

The last game was recommended to me by Kimiko-chan. Actually, it was Fate Extra CCC she was recommending, but I played Fate Extra cause it's in Eng. I was expecting real time battle, but it's apparently turn based with a rock-paper-scissors kind of gameplay. It's rather hard to explain in words so please refer to this video instead:


The Holy Grail War goes on for 6 weeks. You spend the week training and gathering info. At the end of the week, you have a boss battle. There are some surprises here and there like getting poisoned or getting locked out of the arena. Overall, it's entertaining. I just find the battle system kinda annoying cause if you don't keep a cheat sheet with you, you're forced to either memorize or guess the attack patterns of enemies.

And those are the games I've been playing. As for updates on Black Diary, Case 3 is around 70% complete. That 30% is just basically adding in the music, sfx, and character expressions. Everything else is pretty much done. It should be released before the end of this month. :3

No comments: